Become a Follower of the Big Dude!

Meet the divine Dude in this blog. This Dude has had and seen his share of sacred shit. He's not afraid of it or of its language. I can't relate to a god that's been crucified, but I can relate to one whom my government has imprisoned and humiliated. I can relate to one who's been raped by his own holy men. I can relate to one who grew up playing baseball or soccer and who dated the Prom Queen. I can relate to the god who knows the working of corporate conglomerates, pimps, and teen-age girls who are pregnant. I can relate to the god who loves alcoholics and drug addicts just a tad more than wall street hotshots or so-called holy men who abuse little boys. This Dude thinks all of us are mortal particles in an ocean of sacred shit. This Dude recycles.

Sunday, June 21, 2015

The Aroused Heart

Last night, I attended a live taping of an interview with Dr. Michael Wayne (http://www.quantumrevolution.net/) who has been traveling around the world with a videographer interviewing thinkers and activists on the "leading edge" of transforming culture and consciousness.

An odd thing for me to attend since I spend so much time trying to sedate myself, calm myself, numb myself from the fears I experience when I look at the human condition.  Not so, Michael.  He calls the part of us having those fears our "reptilian brain" and invites us to work from an aroused heart instead.  I've been plodding away trying to find meaning in the slings and arrows of life and not doing very well at that.  I'm beginning to see that change is driven by that 1 percent of inspiration not just by the 99 percent of perspiration as Thomas Edison stated.

When I watch the ubiquitous insanity that we call "the news," I see a world drowning in the 99 percent.  There are problems everywhere and sometimes people are trying to solve them.  I've been living in that 99. Working hard to survive, that's the 99.  Working hard and getting nowhere. Recently, I've been drawn to the one percent.  I attended a workshop called "Women's Voices, Women's Visions" which brought together 60-some writers and artists who want to use their creativity in what they called "art and activism"--in short, they want to change the world.  They are the one percent.  During four wonderful days, I felt drawn out of my perspiration into the energy of inspiration. (womensvoiceswomensvisions.com)

Last night, again, I was seeking out the inspiration side of life.   Dr. Wayne began the evening by comparing the shadow side of life (the shit) and the inspired side of life (the sacred--to reference the sacred shit in my blog title).  He spoke of the shooting in Charleston and then of the forgiveness that the families and communities of the Emmanuel AME Church offered to the shooter.  He pointed out that the news goes on and on about the shooting; the transformative or sacred side of the event is largely ignored.  He reminded us that living in the one percent never means forgetting the pain of humanity.  He invited each of us, however, to transform shitty or shadow events into the sacred by reframing them by seeing the potential for transformation in the event.  This is the work of the aroused heart.

Having lived all too much in the shit of the reptilian brain, I felt the power of his idea.  Every time you encounter a problem or see something horrifying on the news, it's a call to see the transformative response or potential arising in concert with the problem. I can't say that enough.

I thought of all this in terms of my blog.  I've been struggling to know where to go and mostly I've been working with that old reptilian brain component. I need to remember the sacred in the blog title and in my life. Work from an inspired heart not the terrified brain.  Become the bearer of the good news, the whole news which recognizes the sacred and the shit.

A song is running through my head:  "Good news--chariot's a coming."  Sung by people under the most horrific conditions of slavery. They saw the sacred, for sure, in the shit. So do the people of Charleston Emmanuel AME Church.  So, good new--chariot's a coming, folks.  Led by an aroused and inspired heart, we can evolve to the brilliance of divine consciousness.  

2 comments:

  1. I love this- thank you. And I am very interested to check out Dr. Michael Wayne. Again, thank you.

    ReplyDelete