Become a Follower of the Big Dude!

Meet the divine Dude in this blog. This Dude has had and seen his share of sacred shit. He's not afraid of it or of its language. I can't relate to a god that's been crucified, but I can relate to one whom my government has imprisoned and humiliated. I can relate to one who's been raped by his own holy men. I can relate to one who grew up playing baseball or soccer and who dated the Prom Queen. I can relate to the god who knows the working of corporate conglomerates, pimps, and teen-age girls who are pregnant. I can relate to the god who loves alcoholics and drug addicts just a tad more than wall street hotshots or so-called holy men who abuse little boys. This Dude thinks all of us are mortal particles in an ocean of sacred shit. This Dude recycles.

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Sense and Sensitivity

Apprehending the good, the universal force, or the Big Dude as I call him, can be tricky.  Sometimes you can almost reason your way there through the domain of quantum physics, Einstein's wormhole, and such. Some people seem to "sense" the divine, noticing it where they live.  Some rare few go beyond reason and sense to "sensitivity."  Often, these folks are called "high strung" or "nice girl, but a bit woo-woo, if you know what I mean."

The quantum reasoning works pretty well if you're willing to read something besides the Bible or the Koran or whatever.  You might have to read Does God Play Dice, for example or Michael Wayne's new book Quantum Integral Medicine.  So, yes, this way of apprehending god uses reason but it requires educating your reason to a quantum level if you see what I mean.  Some people don't have the opportunity to do that, or don't want to, frankly.

Moving on to those who "sense" god.  They hear him/her in the whoosh of the wind in the trees or the steady heartbeat of ocean waves.  They touch him/her in the silk of a peony petal.  They smell him/her in lilacs, new mown grass, or baking bread.  For these folks, the divine is where they live, on this earth, in this moment.  I can be one of these people now and then and really be aware of a cosmic beauty coming to me through my senses.

Finally, we have the enlightened, enlightened-wannabe's, mystics, gurus, and maybe some yoga teachers.  These are the ones among us who can bypass senses and enter an altered state where god or the divine or the Big Dude abides.  I'm told anyone can get to this state through meditation (I almost wrote medication--that works as well, I'm thinking).  I do meditate and things happen but THIS THING, this divine presence, seldom happens.

Nope, I'm securely ensconced in reason and sense.  I read the quantum books and I hear, smell, and touch the divine.  I'm good with that.  Oh, I keep trying with the meditation stuff but I'm not sure I have what it takes--that sensitivity that quivers as the divine takes residence in the soul.  Roxie

No comments:

Post a Comment