Become a Follower of the Big Dude!

Meet the divine Dude in this blog. This Dude has had and seen his share of sacred shit. He's not afraid of it or of its language. I can't relate to a god that's been crucified, but I can relate to one whom my government has imprisoned and humiliated. I can relate to one who's been raped by his own holy men. I can relate to one who grew up playing baseball or soccer and who dated the Prom Queen. I can relate to the god who knows the working of corporate conglomerates, pimps, and teen-age girls who are pregnant. I can relate to the god who loves alcoholics and drug addicts just a tad more than wall street hotshots or so-called holy men who abuse little boys. This Dude thinks all of us are mortal particles in an ocean of sacred shit. This Dude recycles.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

All That I Have Met, Or?

Wordsworth wrote:  "I am a part of all that I have met."  For many years, I was reading that to mean:  "All that I have met is a part of me."  Weird, I know, but there it is.  Today, they're both true for me and I'm pondering how both fit into spirituality.

Wordsworth seems to see his connection with the universe as one of being "part" of it.  I tend to agree but would go beyond that and say that I am a manifestation of the universe, a microcosm, if you will.  What are the ramifications of these two ways of looking at our connection to the universe or the sacred?

If you see yourself as a part of the divine plan, the universal energy flow, or whatever, then you are a kind of a pawn.  A universal intelligence plays the chess game and moves you here or there.  If you see yourself as containing the universe--if you see that every molecule or neutron contains the whole shabang, then you are more of an agent of the universe.  If the agency for how things play out in the classroom we call life is partially in you then YOU have a role to play--how your specific metaphysical presence orchestrates itself matters in the bigger picture.  We are both, aren't we?  Yes, there is a Big Dude or higher order that is orchestrating; at the same time, we are expected to create our portion of this picture.  We are co-creators as well as actors in the universal unfolding.

As I'm writing this, I'm thinking:  This is so intellectual!  I realize that I'm being influenced by one of my wonderful readers who has been carrying on a profound dialogue with me in the comments sections of two entries.  It's great to engage with someone and parse out the ways we think and respond to our existence!

Getting back to the way Roxie sees it--sacred and profane or sacred shit.  I've just had several moving and inspirational days with a good friend.   Our togetherness which goes back to my childhood anchors me in my connection to the human community.  Living alone, I can get lost and isolated all too easily.

One of the things we always do together is engage in a spiritual process.  This time we did an exercise from Barbara Marx Hubbard's book Emergence.  A couple of things emerged for me.  Hubbard talks about a kind of chaotic fermentation time that precedes each new evolutionary development not just in the universe but also in the individuals who are growing towards the next phase of growth which she calls the "universal human."    I took about six months off from work to intentionally engage in recovery and growth opportunities.  This time has been terrifying, chaotic, boring, unstructured, and lonely.  And, it's also been profound.

In the exercise with my friend, I realized that I NEED what I'm calling a "no-fire zone."  I need to find an inner safety zone or, in recovery lingo, a strong adult voice inside that grounds and protects me.  This no-fire zone is something we all need.  It is a spiritual, quantum element not bound in space or time.  It protects us from internal, unnecessary pain and negativity; it also protects us from external, unnecessary slings and arrows.

In the exercise, we looked at three elements--need, want, and inspiration.  So, I need a no-fire zone.  I want to give my words, presence, creativity, intelligence, vision, and love to the world.

Best of all, I became inspired.  I am now inspired to showcase MY understanding of the human condition, the spiritual being in a physical world stuff.  The sacred shit aspect of my blog is core to that.  So, here's the total inspiration I came to:  I am inspired to showcase my understanding of the sacred shit/human condition as a source for the accelerating evolution of the human family towards its unfolding potential.  Heady stuff, right?

Specifically, I want to increase my writing on this blog and publish it as a digital book.  I want to finish and publish my novel which narrates the evolution of a human towards her greatest potential.  I want to make You Tube videos featuring Roxie and a more visual/musical/artistic expression of human spiritual potential.  I want to develop a series of workshops that engage other humans in an awareness of the importance of both the sacred and the shitty in their individual and collective development.

I love reader feedback.  What am I overlooking?  What would you add or delete or modify in this vision?  Namaste.  Roxie

2 comments:

  1. Very well - co-creators and actors. But if the words 'creator' or 'creation' takes us unfathomably back on the time-line, that's not needed. Creation is a continuum; and so is dissolution and the whole trajectory in between. All these happen concurrently and ceaselessly. In living we die, in death we are born and the birth launches the lifeline.

    When something is not fathomable it is nature's way of protecting us. When overloaded, the brain simply becomes passive and keeps oversimplifying stuff. For example, the Universal Energy. It is such a subtle, massive and powerful substance that the brain dwarfs it. We need to think of the kindest person we have ever met and multiply it a few trillion times to understand the kindness, love and tenderness of Universal Energy. It will never make us pawns, but instead help us to discover our divinity. We don't need to hold a macrocosm in the same league as us, the microcosm.

    In god or the Universal Energy, everything comes together. There is a unity, Yoga; but its not out there; its right in us too. We choose not to "see" it that way is our wrong choice and to right that wrong is the spiritual journey. Longer one is astray, longer it takes to return. But whether to turn around, whether to walk back with a steadfast determination against the lure of the wrong past, how fast to walk, everything is one's CHOICE.

    In my humble opinion you need a fire-zone. Giving without wanting anything in return, needs enough fire in the belly. Human conditions are all valid, whether physical, emotional or intellectual, because without these channels there is no access to divinity. Because divinity is integral to all and not apart from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again,
    I confess that I can't keep up with the frequency and depth of your contributions! At the moment, I'm reading them, taking what fits and leaving the rest as they say. I do appreciate what you offer and your words are triggering my thoughts and ideas. I hope mine are doing the same.

    Regarding the no-fire zone, I'm respectfully keeping that. Fire in the belly and being fired at are two different things. No one needs abuse or hurtful language coming from others. I don't really care whether that fits with the divine order or not. Humans need a certain amount of safety (Maslow) and I certainly do.

    Keep posting and know that I'm reading. I'll post back personally when I can; I'm always responding in my blog postings because what you write affects me. Blessings. Roxie

    ReplyDelete