Become a Follower of the Big Dude!

Meet the divine Dude in this blog. This Dude has had and seen his share of sacred shit. He's not afraid of it or of its language. I can't relate to a god that's been crucified, but I can relate to one whom my government has imprisoned and humiliated. I can relate to one who's been raped by his own holy men. I can relate to one who grew up playing baseball or soccer and who dated the Prom Queen. I can relate to the god who knows the working of corporate conglomerates, pimps, and teen-age girls who are pregnant. I can relate to the god who loves alcoholics and drug addicts just a tad more than wall street hotshots or so-called holy men who abuse little boys. This Dude thinks all of us are mortal particles in an ocean of sacred shit. This Dude recycles.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Word Made Flesh

"Just call out my name and you know wherever I am, I'll come running (dum, dum, dum) to see you again." Sometimes it's like that with the Big Dude or our Higher Power or the Universal Force (choose one). The other night I was feeling lonely and missing my children and family of origin. I asked for help (begged) and then I went out to walk my dog in the dark. A car stopped alongside me as I was walking on the edge of the road. The driver powered down the window and a woman I used to know called out, "Are you ok? I heard you were ill and, hey, just call me and I can come over and help, walk your dog or whatever." Hmmmm. The next morning, I went out again to walk my dog in a nearby field and I let her off leash so she could play. A woman entered the other end of the field and let her dog off the leash as well. Our dogs raced towards each other and we, the owners, waved at each other from afar and started wending our way towards each other. It was another old friend. We stood and talked for several minutes. She shared that her relationship had broken up and she'd been through a challenging time while our dogs raced around the field. I returned home energized and feeling "in touch" with my neighbors. I could add that last night I went out late at night and there was the same woman with her dog and we walked for 30 minutes or so catching up on everything that had happened in the last few years. I came in and checked email to find that my family of origin was going to play bridge online this Sunday. It's hard not to connect the dots. I felt lonely. I begged for help. Immediately, people appeared and events happened that invited into the human family. Sometmes God comes to us in human form to give us the comfort or help we need. Word made flesh, I'll come running (dum, dum, dum). And so it is. Roxie

2 comments:

  1. there's definately a humanity lacking in the more comon faith.. glad you could find solace in the "storm"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment D. Clint. I seem to have many storms and much need to find solace. Roxie

    ReplyDelete