Become a Follower of the Big Dude!

Meet the divine Dude in this blog. This Dude has had and seen his share of sacred shit. He's not afraid of it or of its language. I can't relate to a god that's been crucified, but I can relate to one whom my government has imprisoned and humiliated. I can relate to one who's been raped by his own holy men. I can relate to one who grew up playing baseball or soccer and who dated the Prom Queen. I can relate to the god who knows the working of corporate conglomerates, pimps, and teen-age girls who are pregnant. I can relate to the god who loves alcoholics and drug addicts just a tad more than wall street hotshots or so-called holy men who abuse little boys. This Dude thinks all of us are mortal particles in an ocean of sacred shit. This Dude recycles.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Beacon in the Night

In another blog, I came to the profound realization that the green light or green video camera next to my son's name on gmail affected me like a "beacon in the night." He's far away geographically but when I come online and see that light, I know he's in his space and in mine simultaneously. He's working away at his computer in Germany and I'm working away on mine in New York. Just a family working together!

It kind of reminds me of that amazing piece of sacred shit called "grace." When I light the candle and sit to meditate, the big Dude is there with me. I know he's doing his god work far away. He's in his space and in mine simultaneously.

The pervasiveness of the internet gives us a metaphor for the omnipresence of the big Dude or Spirit. If you are connected anywhere in the world, you are connected to everyone, good and bad. Venues like gmail enable a light to come on next to the name of every person who is connected at the same moment (wherever they are). What if every time you put yourself in openness to God, a light came on for you and every other person who at that moment is connected. The big Dude would see these green lights filling his screen next to the names of his people.

Hey, big Dude! We're a physical, tangible bunch. We need those little lights to remind us we're all together. Couldn't your people talk to the Google people so that the next time I meditate, the light comes on? I need that beacon in the night. Roxie

No comments:

Post a Comment